In order to successfully setup fully synced systems (F&O <-> CE) with Dual Write running for both MS standard entities and Annata 365 entities the following instructions should be followed.
Run through this high level overview script below and find details in each section where applicable.
We recommend to open each link in a new tab or a window and keep this overview page open for better control of the process.
Install Annata 365 CE or Dataverse solutions
Install the required Annata 365 solutions using the package deployer.
Install Annata 365 F&O solutions
Install Annata solutions on the target F&O environment using LCS:
- Annata 365 for F&O (IDMS)
- Annata 365 Automotive Platform - CDS
- Refresh entity list
Enable dual-write synchronization
Enable dual-write for existing Finance and Operations apps
- Enable dual-write to link CDS and F&O environments
Virtual Entity Setup
- Set up and configure virtual entities for Finance and Operations apps in Dataverse
Install Annata 365 dual-write integration solution
- Install the A365DualWriteIntegration solution (Annata 365 Entity Maps solution). This solution contains the mappings for the A365 entities
Enable Annata 365 dual-write
The following steps are all carried out in Finance and Operations
- Populate and run data synchronization tasks
- Apply Annata 365 Entity maps solution
- Enable Annata 365 entity maps
* In some cases, when dealing with large volumes of data for particular entities, the dual-write initial sync does not handle more then 500.000 records per initial sync. See the Handling large volumes of data
section for more information to handle these scenarios.