This function lets you do the following:
- View all warranty claims of a dealer.
- Create a warranty claim.
Warranty claims list
The list includes all warranty claims of the selected dealer.
- Search for specific claims and view, edit, or delete claims.
- You may also create a new claim.
To search for warranty claims,
- Go to Warranty > Warranty claims.
- To search for specific claims of the current dealer, enter the partial or full keyword.
- To view the details of a claim, select the respective view icon.
When viewing a claim that has been submitted, you can also download the warranty claim statement by selecting the Download Statement button in the Claim Summary screen.
When viewing a claim that has been invoiced, you can also download the invoice by selecting the Download Invoice button in the Claim Summary screen.
Sample warranty claim:
- To view, edit or delete a claim, select the respective view, edit, or delete icon.
Create a warranty claim
When creating a warranty claim, you can:
- Search and identify a device that you want to create a claim for.
- Save the claim as a draft. You can still edit or delete the claim at this stage.
- Submit the claim right away. You can no longer edit or delete the claim at this stage.
Creation involves the following processes:
- Identify the device.
- Add claim information.
- Add repair lines.
- Attach files.
- Check, submit, and confirm the claim.
To create a warranty claim,
- Go to Warranty > Warranty claims.
- Select 'Create Claim'.
- To identify a device:
In the Device Identification screen, enter the valid device number, VIN #, Serial #, or Registration # of the device that you want to claim for warranty.
Note: If the device is found, the system will load the general, warranty, and service campaign details of the device. However, if the device is not found, try again by entering a valid VIN #, Serial #, or Registration #. It is necessary to enter the entire VIN #, Serial #, or Registration # because a wild card search is not supported.
- Select 'Next' to continue.
- To add claims details:
In the Claim Details form, add the claims details.
Note: The ‘Claim Group’, ‘Claim Type’, and ‘Current Usage’ are mandatory. If the skip usage is marked as YES in A365 warranty type setup then this field wont be mandatory anymore.
- In the General section, select the claim group.
- Select the claim type.
Note: You will see different options for the claim type, depending on the brand of the selected device.
- Select the current usage.
Note: The current device usage should be equal to or more than the last registered usage.
- In the Service section, enter or select the start and end dates of the performed service.
- The contact details are pre-populated with the credentials of the currently signed in user. You can change the details, if required.
Note: Updating the contact details here will update the contact details in Annata D365.
- In the Damage section, select the codes relevant to the selected device brand.
Note: You will see different options for each code, depending on the brand of the selected device.
- In the Details section, enter notes (free text) to explain the selected damage codes.
- Select the Pre-Work Approval check box if the claim requires pre-approval.
- To add repair lines:
Select 'Next' to add the repair details.
Note: The Add repair lines screen is organized into 3 separate tabs: Labour, Parts and Miscellaneous.
- In the Labour tab, add a line by selecting a labour operation number. To search for specific operation numbers, enter a keyword.
Note: The system will create a line for the selected operation number and set the default actual hours the same as the standard hours. You can change the actual hours, if required. The basic information of the operation number such as the dealer pricing and the Total price will automatically populate the line. The system will use the unit pricing in Annata D365 to determine the pricing in the line. The Total price = Actual hours X Unit price. To delete a line, select the Delete icon at the respective line. Use the dealer reference free text field to add your comments.
- In the Parts tab, add a line by selecting a part number. To search for specific part numbers, enter a keyword.
Note: The system will create a line for the selected part number and set the default quantity. You can change the quantity, if required. The basic information will automatically populate the line. Select the Causal part check box, if required. The system will mark the Returnable Part column with a tick if the part is set as returnable in Annata D365. To delete a line, select the Delete icon at the respective line.Use the dealer reference free text field to add your comments.
- Manual invoice allocation
If a selected part has the previous invoice, an invoice allocation button will appear in the selected part’s line. click on the invoice allocation icon to open the manual invoice allocation screen. Once the invoice allocation window appears, the list of invoice allocations will be shown. The invoice allocations are categorized by Invoice#, Invoice date, and quantity. You can only select one invoice allocation per line. After selecting the appropriate invoice, the unit price and total price of the parts will adjust accordingly.
- Automatic invoice allocation - This will help the dealers to easily claim the right amount of parts to be reimbursed. The system will check and allocate the last invoice date if there are multiple invoices available for the same part number. If there is no invoice available, an error will be displayed to the user and the lines will not be added to the Warranty claim.
For this feature to work, enable the 'Mandatory invoice reference' setting for the selected dealer at Organization and administration > Organizations > Dealer setup > Dealers / Setup: Warranty setup.
- In the Miscellaneous tab, add a line for miscellaneous charges by selecting a miscellaneous code. To search for specific miscellaneous codes, enter a keyword.
Note: The system will create a line for the miscellaneous code and set the default quantity. You can enter or select a different quantity, if required. Use the dealer reference free text field to add your comments.
- If required, select different operation numbers, part numbers, or miscellaneous codes. You are required to select different numbers and codes
Note: If you have selected operation numbers, part numbers, or miscellaneous codes that already exist in the line, the system will prompt a message accordingly. The operation will be canceled, and you are required to select different codes or numbers.
- To continue, select 'Next'.
- To attach files:
If you need to submit documents alongside the claim, upload the files by selecting the 'Open File Browser' button. To delete a file, select the respective Delete icon.
- To continue, select 'Next'.
- To check order summary:
In the Check Summary screen, check your claim.
Note: The claim summary screen is where you will be able to review the create warranty claim before submitting it. The screen will display the general description of the device and the repair lines for which you have selected the Labour, Parts and Miscellaneous codes. You can also easily expand and collapse the repair lines, if needed. Finally, at the bottom of the repair is where the Total Amount will be displayed. Depending on the Dealer setup done in Annata D365 for the Approval limit, an error message or warning will be displayed when you try to submit a warranty claim which exceeds the approval limit amount.
- To delete claim before submission:
Select ‘Cancel’ on any screen. Then, select 'Delete' to confirm the deletion.
Note: Deletion is not reversible.
- To submit the claim now, select 'Finish'.
- To confirm submitting the claim, select 'Submit'.
Note: Submission is not reversible.
- To submit claim:
To submit the claim later, select 'Save & Close' when adding the repair lines, uploading documents, or when checking your claim.
Note: To delete the claim before submitting it, select 'Delete' on any screen.